Combat SU-22 of the Peruvian Air Force with a UFO in 1980

Combat SU-22 of the Peruvian Air Force with a UFO in 1980
Combat SU-22 of the Peruvian Air Force with a UFO in 1980

On the morning of April 11, 1980, at La Jolla Air Force Base in southern Peru, General Luis Spicer conducted training for the Peruvian Air Force. At approximately 07:15 in the morning, the control tower reported that a UFO had been detected in the airspace around the base.

The unknown aircraft did not respond to radio commands sent by the control tower. An unknown object was asked to identify itself. Upon observation, the personnel saw that a very large and bright luminous object was approaching and flying towards the base. At the time, about 2,000 military personnel witnessed this incident.

The Su-22 military aircraft, a Russian-made supersonic aircraft with a rotary wing, was taken off. This plane was sent to intercept an unknown flying object. The plane was piloted by Lieutenant Oscar Santa Maria Huertas. He was a student of General Louis Spicer.


Santa Maria received a clear order: "If the unknown object is not ours, you can shoot it down."

Oscar Santa Maria recalls:

"At about 07:15 in the morning, from the control tower, our squad became aware of the presence of an unidentified flying object that did not report itself. Some kind of aircraft, similar in shape to a balloon, was approaching. This object did not have permission to enter our The squadron leader came up to me and ordered: “Oscar, there is a combat mission for you.” I quickly took the pilot's seat and lifted my fighter into the air

I flew close to the UFO and realized that the object is not some kind of terrestrial aircraft. At that moment, I was stunned: "What is this? It was an absolutely solid object. And it had the shape of a dome, like some kind of ceramic, creamy-pale color. And this dome was supported by a wide metal base."


"There was some kind of glow around the object. Almost like a halo. A very bright halo. The halo was huge compared to the jet plane." - recalls General Louis Spicer observing the object from the ground

Oscar says:

"I had to make a maneuver so as not to get too close. I took up a firing position. And when I was almost within the range of a shot, the object suddenly rose. After climbing up, the object left out of the effective range."

Santa Maria chased the object to get within shot range, and each time it got close enough, the object performed an evasive maneuver. This happened three times in a row.


General Louis Spicer noted that:

"This facility was capable of surpassing the maneuverability of the Su-22. It was much more powerful."

“Finally I got a good focus on the object, I was able to lock it in the scope. I pulled the trigger, fired a burst of 64 rounds from my 33-mm cannon and waited for the 'ball' to explode, but it did not. It didn’t explode, it started to rise rapidly "- Oscar Santa Maria.

The UFO, somehow absorbed the projectiles and showed no change, no damage. Eventually, Santa Maria stopped chasing the UFO and it disappeared.

When Santa Maria returned to the base, he drew this object, which, according to all the known laws of physics, should neither fly nor absorb shots.

This incident is one of the most well-documented military UFO incidents in South America. The Peruvian government said the incident was reported to the US government at the time. In particular, the CIA, the National Security Agency, and the Secretary of State.

“I would like to see more interest in this topic. To gain knowledge about how they work, where they come from and how they got here. Otherwise, the world will be deprived of the opportunity to know who they are - friends or enemies, "- General Louis Spicer.

It is worth noting that the pilot of the Peruvian Air Force was very lucky in the sense that the UFO projectiles fired by him absorbed, and did not return back. Similar cases were recorded during the Vietnam War.

A US patrol boat moving along the river noticed a brightly glowing UFO approaching them and the military opened fire from a heavy machine gun mounted on the boat's deck. A moment later, the boat received many hits, including in the engine and caught fire.

When the team managed to extinguish the fire and get to the place of deployment, the boat was examined and it turned out that it was damaged and was fired upon by its own bullets fired at a UFO. The unidentified object somehow returned the bullets aimed in its direction back along the same trajectory.

Popular by topic