A girl died while charging her phone after a home was struck by lightning in the state of Para, Brazil

A girl died while charging her phone after a home was struck by lightning in the state of Para, Brazil
A girl died while charging her phone after a home was struck by lightning in the state of Para, Brazil
Anonim

A teenage girl died of an electric shock when lightning struck her home while she was using a charging mobile phone.

Raja Ferreira de Oliveira's phone was plugged into the power grid at her home in Santarema, Brazil, when it was struck by lightning early Sunday morning.

At the time of the impact, an 18-year-old girl was using the device, received a severe electric shock and lost consciousness.

The rescue service was called, but by the time the medics arrived at the scene, her family had already given her first aid and taken to the hospital.

Unfortunately, upon arrival, Raja was presumed dead.

She became the third electrocution victim in the Brazilian state of Pará last week, which has a population of 8,777,124.

Semeao Tavares was on a phone call in Kurua when lightning struck him during a thunderstorm on 25 August.

Medics reached him while he was still alive, but he died from his injuries.

Councilor Raimundo Brito, a member of the political party Progressistas, was electrocuted during the same thunderstorm while plucking a duck at his home in Makura.

It is assumed that he was not using the telephone at the time.

Brito managed to call for help and was taken to a local medical center, where he was treated.

After Raja's death, experts again warned of the dangers of using a mobile phone while charging, especially during a thunderstorm.

Popular by topic