A large family living in the village of Podlesnaya Sloboda in the town district of Lukhovitsy was left homeless. Ball lightning crashed into a three-story cottage, exploded and caused a massive fire - the roof, the second floor and the interior were completely burnt out.
Fortunately, none of the people were injured, and the lower floor of the brick house survived.
Everything happened unexpectedly: last night the couple heard a loud bang and felt a blow outside.
- Immediately the electricity went out, - says the owner Oksana T. - Then suddenly it became very light, I saw a glow outside the windows. Sparks rained down from above, igniting the bed and carpet. Then the neighbors said that a huge glowing ball crashed into our roof, which flew parallel to the ground. The explosion was heard by people within a radius of 5 km!
According to Oksana, she clearly remembered how the youngest son's desperate cry came from his room: "We're on fire, we're on fire!" The child still cannot come to his senses. The family members managed to grab documents and some things, everyone jumped out of the house, in what they were.
For the first time, the neighbors provided clothing for the fire victims. But now the family also needs help from the residents of the region to rebuild the house. While Oksana sent the children to her grandmother, who lives ten kilometers away. But soon the first of September, the woman is worried that the younger ones will not be able to go to their school, since they have nowhere to live.