Rospotrebnadzor has issued a memo on the principles of home quarantine.
On the basic principles of home quarantine
As you know, coronavirus infection is transmitted by airborne droplets, as well as by contact. In order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading further, citizens who have had contact with sick people or those who have returned from a trip or were on a business trip must inform about their return to the headquarters for combating coronavirus infection in your region and observe quarantine at home. 14 days. If you were in countries affected by COVID-19 with friends or family, you can observe a joint two-week quarantine in the same room or apartment.
What does it mean?
- Do not leave the house during the entire quarantine period, even in order to receive a parcel, buy food or throw out the trash;
- if possible, is in a separate room;
- use separate dishes, personal hygiene products, linen and towels;
- purchase groceries and necessary household goods remotely online or with the help of volunteers;
- exclude contacts with family members or other persons;
- use personal protective equipment and disinfectants (mask, alcohol wipes).
Why exactly 14 days?
Two weeks of quarantine in duration corresponds to the incubation period of coronavirus infection - the time when the disease can show the first symptoms.
What must be done during quarantine?
- wash your hands with soap and water or treat with skin antiseptics - before eating, before contact with the mucous membranes of the eyes, mouth, nose, after using the toilet;
- regularly ventilate the room and carry out wet cleaning using household chemicals with a washing or washing-disinfecting effect.
What to do with garbage?
Household waste should be packed in double strong garbage bags, tightly closed and put out of the apartment. You can ask friends, acquaintances or volunteers to dispose of this waste.
How to keep in touch with friends and family?
You can communicate with your friends and relatives using video and audio communication, over the Internet, the main thing is not to leave the house until the quarantine is over.
What to do if the first symptoms of the disease appear?
If you notice the first symptoms of COVID-19, you must immediately report it to the clinic.
Who watches over those who are in quarantine? Are they being tested for coronavirus?
Electronic and technical means of control can be used to control being in quarantine.
Everyone who is in quarantine is monitored at home and the temperature is taken every day. On the 10th day of quarantine, doctors select material for research on COVID-19 (swab from the nose or oropharynx).
How to get sick leave for the quarantine period?
While you are in quarantine at home, you are given a certificate of incapacity for work for two weeks. To get sick leave, you do not need to come to the clinic, it can be ordered by phone and it will be delivered to your home.
What will happen to those who did not comply or violated the quarantine?
If the quarantine regime is violated, a person is placed in an infectious diseases hospital.
How to understand that the quarantine is over?
Home quarantine ends after 14 days of isolation, if there are no signs of the disease, as well as on the basis of a negative laboratory test of the material taken on the 10th day of quarantine.