Every athlete, and just a person who loves sports, knows that sports nutrition has recently begun to gain great demand. The popularity of this product is growing not only in megacities, but even in remote villages. Online stores selling sports nutrition in Minsk allow everyone to purchase suitable sports nutrition. These are formulations that, according to the manufacturers, allow you to burn fat faster and get a really beautiful muscular body without applying much effort. But before you trust the manufacturers, you need to understand whether this type of diet is beneficial or harmful to our health, and is it possible to take such drugs and, as a result, come to the intended result?
Types of sports nutrition
This type of diet is not a cure. It's just a dietary supplement. That is, it turns out that they are used as an auxiliary substance to the main diet. People who go in for sports professionally need an increased amount of certain substances and not everyone has the opportunity to compose an ideal set of ordinary products for themselves and prepare them daily. Therefore, ready-made supplements are so popular, because when using them, you can make up for the lack of necessary components without putting extra effort.
These supplements come in the form of capsules or soluble powders that can be used to formulate cocktails. The drugs allow you to achieve the planned result exclusively in combination with training and proper nutrition. The following categories of sports nutrition can be distinguished:
- Protein. This type of food is a source of protein that our body needs to build muscles, increase mass. It is by far the most popular form of sports nutrition. It is often used by bodybuilders.
- A separate set of amino acids. This is one of the constituents of protein. In an isolated state, they are more likely to be absorbed and restore the deficiency in the human body.
- Weight gainers. They are presented in the form of energy cocktails, which contain a high content of proteins and carbohydrates. After consumption, the body receives a charge of vivacity and this helps to restore the spent resources.
- Fat burners. These drugs help speed up the metabolic process and also lead to faster disposal of unwanted fat.
- Energy. These are sources of carbohydrates that allow you to replenish energy reserves in the human body.
- Complexes of vitamins and minerals. Used to ensure normal metabolism.
- Hormonal drugs are used with certain prophylactic properties.
In order to determine the benefits or harms of sports nutrition, you must choose the right one. Before you start taking any of the drugs, you need to be convinced that you have no contraindications, and it is best to consult with your coach.
Composition of sports supplements
High-quality dietary supplements from well-known brands are made from components of natural origin. It is a great choice to diversify your diet. When taken correctly and in dosage, such drugs are not harmful and can bring benefits to the body.
It is necessary to understand that such components are absorbed by the body differently than ordinary foods, and at the beginning of the intake, there may be malfunctions in the digestive system.
The following components can be used as raw materials for the manufacture of such additives:
- Milk whey. This component forms the basis for the production of the highly popular whey protein. Among the features, it is worth noting that it is excellently absorbed by the body and saturates it with a large amount of protein.
- Soy. It is a soy-based vegetable protein that is excellent for people with milk allergies and is often the choice of vegans.
- Milk. It is an excellent raw material for the production of slow-digesting casein protein as well as various amino acids.
- Fructose, dextrose, maltadextrin are slow carbohydrates that are often found in carbohydrate cocktails.
- Vitamins and minerals obtained from plant extracts, as well as other raw materials of natural origin.
In addition to the listed components, manufacturers can add sweeteners or dyes, flavor mash to sports nutrition. It is best if they are used in moderation. When choosing the right sports nutrition for you, you must first of all pay attention to the composition of the product. It must be indicated on the packaging. Make sure that there are no ingredients in the composition that can cause you to develop allergic or other unpleasant reactions.
Low quality dietary supplements are another matter. These are various copies, as well as fakes. They can be found in a wide variety on the market, and they consist mainly of synthetic constituents of unknown origin. As a result of examinations of some of these types of sports nutrition, experts have identified the presence of heavy metals, which is categorically unacceptable.
It turns out that if you want sports nutrition to really benefit you and not harm your body, you need to choose a quality product, you should not save on it.
Features of use
Any sports dietary supplements should be taken in such a way as not to harm your health, that is, you must strictly follow the manufacturer's instructions. With the correct use of dietary supplements, you can reach your dreams.
Typically, athletes dilute their diet with such additives in preparation for the competition, and they also help reduce stress in the body and accelerate recovery processes. To exclude the possibility of negative reactions of the body, the following rules must be observed:
- Refuse the simultaneous use of several additives, such use is permissible, but only if the action of the drugs does not repeat each other.
- Choose drugs from one manufacturer.
- In no case do not take the daily dose recommended by experts at one time. Divide the recommended daily dose into three to four servings according to your daily routine. The daily dose should not be more than what your body actually needs, there will be nothing good from an overabundance.
- It is necessary to consume a sufficient amount of such a component as fiber, which will allow the components from sports nutrition to be absorbed.
- How long to take such "food"? The period should not exceed three months. After the expiration of this period, it is recommended to make a long time-out.
There are many myths that sports nutrition is not effective. But it should be understood that such myths have arisen due to the misuse of dietary supplements. Without intense training, no fat burner will give the desired result, and taking protein will not lead to muscle building. Dietary supplements are a significant help on the way to achieving your goal.
Many women, and even men who want to lose weight, are interested in whether it is possible to achieve the desired result with the help of sports nutrition? Manufacturers have developed many dietary supplements that help you lose weight, but they will not work alone. They will be effective, but only when combined with proper nutrition and exercise.